A welterweight bout between “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2″ runner-up William Macario (7-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and “TUF 16″ semifinalist Neil Magny (9-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) has joined May’s UFC Fight Night 40 lineup.
UFC officials recently announced the fight.
UFC Fight Night 40 takes place May 10 at Cincinnati’s U.S. Bank Arena. The bulk of the card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Macario vs. Magny will likely be part of the preliminary card.
Macario opened his pro career with a 6-0 record and six stoppages before his second-place finish to Leonardo Santos to conclude “TUF: Brazil 2.” However, “Patolino” rebounded in December, when he scored a lopsided unanimous-decision victory over Strikeforce vet Bobby Voelker at UFC 168.
The 22-year-old now meets Magny, who secured a UFC contract after defeating Jon Manley at UFC 157 in his first post-”TUF” bout. However, a two-fight skid followed with a submission loss to Sergio Moraes and a decision defeat to Seth Baczynski. But with his job on the line in February at UFC 169, the 26-year-old scored a decision win over Gasan Umalatov.
The latest UFC Fight Night 40 card now includes:
- Matt Brown vs. Erick Silva
- Justin Salas vs. Ben Wall
- Ed Herman vs. Rafael Natal
- Soa Palelei vs. Ruan Potts
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Nik Lentz
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Darrell Montague
- Chris Cariaso vs. Louis Smolka
- Yan Cabral vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Eddie Wineland
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Erik Koch
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Constantinos Philippou
- William Macario vs. Neil Magny