As a reminder, tickets for the UFC’s annual Independence Day pay-per-view event, “UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman,” go on sale to the general public today.
UFC 162 takes place July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook. In addition to the fight card, the UFC will hold a Fan Expo in conjunction at the nearby Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Tickets for UFC 162 went on sale for UFC Fight Club members and UFC e-newsletter subscribers on Wednesday and Thursday. But the general public can purchase tickets today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT local time). Tickets range in price from $125 to $1,200, plus applicable taxes and fees.
In addition to the night’s headliner, the evening’s lineup also includes a featherweight bout between former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar (15-4-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) and Charles Oliveira (16-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC); the UFC debuts of former Strikeforce middleweights Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC); and critical featherweight contenders bouts between Ricardo Lamas (13-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) and “The Korean Zombie,” Chan Sung Jung (13-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC), plus Dennis Siver (21-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC) vs. Cub Swanson (19-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC).
The latest UFC 162 card now includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman
- Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
- Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy
- Chan Sung Jung vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX and Facebook)
- Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
- Andrew Craig vs. Chris Leben
- Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
- Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi
- Shane Del Rosario vs. Dave Herman
- Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon
- David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce