Official fighter weigh-ins for next week’s UFC 153 event take place Oct. 12 at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.
Additionally, fans are invited to the fighters’ open workouts earlier in the week.
The fan and media events all build to UFC 153, which takes place Oct. 13 with an Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar pay-per-view headliner.
UFC 153, which also features light heavyweights Fabio Maldonado vs. Glover Teixeira and heavyweights Dave Herman vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, is the UFC’s third event in Brazil this year. In addition to the PPV main card, FX and FUEL TV are expected to carry the prelims for the Brazilian-heavy card.
Doors to the Oct. 12 weigh-ins open at 1 p.m. BRT (noon ET). The first fight is on the scale at 4 p.m. BRT. At 2:30 p.m. BRT, Paula Sack hosts a Q&A session with UFC champion Jose Aldo and ex-titleholder Lyoto Machida.
Fans also are invited to the Oct. 10 open workouts at Carioca Aqueduct. The event begins at 11 a.m. BRT and include UFC 153 fighters Silva, Bonnar, Nogueira, Herman, Teixeira, Maldonado, Erick Silva and Wagner Prado. Aldo, interim champ Renan Barao and Daniel Sarafian also will be on hand.
The latest UFC 153 card includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar – light heavyweight fight
- Fabio Maldonado vs. Glover Teixeira
- Dave Herman vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva
- Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
- Demian Maia vs. Rick Story
- Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra vs. Sam Sicilia
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. TBA
- Gleison Tibau vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino
- Renee Forte vs. Sergio Moraes
- Chris Camozzi vs. Luiz Cane
- Reza Madadi vs. Cristiano Marcello