A lightweight matchup between Canadian Mark Bocek (11-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Brazilian Rafael dos Anjos (17-6 MMA, 6-4 UFC) has been added to UFC 154.
UFC officials today announced the new contest.
While a main event for UFC 154 has not yet been announced, the card is expected to feature the unification bout between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and interim titleholder Carlos Condit. The card takes place Nov. 17 at Montreal’s Bell Centre.
Bocek looks to build on the strength of back-to-back decision wins over John Alessio and Nike Lentz. The submission specialist is actually 3-1 in his past four fights with the lone loss coming to current UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson.
Meanwhile, dos Anjos also boasts a two-fight win streak after earning a July decision over Anthony Njokuani and submitting Kamal Shalorus in May. The 27-year-old Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt is also 3-1 in his past four appearances with the lone loss coming via split decision to Gleison Tibau.
With the official addition to the card, UFC 154 now includes:
- Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. interim champ Carlos Condit (to unify UFC welterweight titles)*
- Johny Hendricks vs. Martin Kampmann*
- Mark Bocek vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Brendan Schaub vs. TBA*
- Tom Lawlor vs. Francis Carmont
- Mark Hominick vs. Pablo Garza
- Antonio Carvalho vs. Rodrigo Damm
* – Not officially announced