Munhoz, Rhodes impress in prelims
Munhoz, a Black House fighter, struggled to get the fight to the floor in the early going, but he was more than capable on the feet, picking apart his opponent with technical striking and slicing him up with elbows and knees from the Thai clinch. As Jackson began to tire, Munhoz did eventually bring him to the floor, where he secure a fight-ending guillotine choke with 11 second left in the opening round.
Munhoz is now expected to fight for the Resurrection Fighting Alliance bantamweight title in August.
RFA 8 results include:
- Sergio Pettis def. Dillard “Joe” Pegg via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:51 – to claim inaugural flyweight title
- Lance Palmer def. Jared Downing via split decision (46-48, 48-46, 48-46) – to claim RFA featherweight title
- Pedro Munhoz def. Mitch Jackson via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 4:49
- Mike Rhodes def. Benjamin Smith via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:56
- Dan Moret def. Jose Pacheco via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Zak Ottow def. Matthew Gauthier via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:07