“Countdown” airs at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday (7 p.m. PT), and replays will air throughout the week.
Silva will be returning from a gruesome broken leg suffered in his rematch with middleweight champion Chris Weidman at UFC 168 in December 2013. That fight was a rematch from UFC 162, where Weidman knocked Silva out to take the 185-pound title.
And Diaz will be fighting for the first time in nearly two years. At UFC 158 in March 2013, he lost a unanimous decision to then-welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in his quest for the title. He’s stayed semi-retired since then, but will return for the superfight against “The Spider.”
UFC 183 takes place Jan. 31, at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
The full UFC 183 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley
- Al Iaquinta vs. Joe Lauzon
- Tim Boetsch vs. Thales Leites
- Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Sara McMann vs. Miesha Tate
- Derek Brunson vs. Ed Herman
- John Lineker vs. Ian McCall
- Rafael Natal vs. Tom Watson
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Diego Brandao vs. Jimy Hettes
- Ildemar Alcantara vs. Richardson Moreira
- Andy Enz vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos